I am going to be frank with you.
There were a few reasons I started my online business journey…
- Money: Let’s be frank, unless it is my dearest doctor father who has absolutely no interest in turning our CritiCareBD.com and hbotbd.com from a public service to a full swing business, I do not believe people don’t work for MONEY.
We all need some money to live the life we want. Whether it is to pay for that trip to Paris you had always wanted to take, whether it is to start off our commitment to a potential home, we all need some money to save or invest or spend.
- The impact I can have on others: I believe I was sent to earth for a reason, and it is because of helping others help themselves. I have accumulated knowledge over my years of existence and I believe this knowledge sharing and networking is what I am good at!
- The freedom and flexibility of being your own boss: Absolutely love all the boss-babes out there and so I am in a journey of my own!
To be fair, money is not my number 1 priority, but it is a means to be able to live comfortably and not worry for months at end.
I remember the time when I was dead broke and I ate $1 noodles every day to survive the month and be stinky stingy when I met my friends for a drink or a dinner. I do not want to go back there. On the other hand, I want to be able to spend more time with my family, doing things I love and most important LIVE.
Unfortunately… trying to build a business when you do not have a lot, is very tough. TRUST ME I had two failed businesses prior to this one!
1. WHAT YOU DO NOW, MATTERS!
Earlier in my career as an entrepreneur, I was wasting time waiting for a big break or an amazing opportunity. All those crazy ideas about ‘find your passion’ and ‘do what you love’ phases in the early years were doing more harm than good. When your goal is to make money and have financial freedom, the idea is just to START and stick it out. What I should have done, is start considering what options I DID have. They’re the *stepping stones* to get you closer to bigger, better opportunities of the future.
2. WHAT ARE OTHERS DOING THAT WORKS? DO MORE OF THAT!
No need to reinvent the wheel. It’s good to put in the effort, but it’s bad to spread yourself too thin. When you have discovered something that works, try to see if you can replicate that and add your own twist.
Another advice is, take a look at everything you’re doing: what ONE thing is having the biggest impact around you? Do more of that.
3. THINGS WORTH SHARING
One reason I love TED talks is the reason I love sharing knowledge. The idea is when you are creating something, don’t just make more noise. Don’t just post daily on social media, instead get out there and make something worth talking about. Something so good, people can’t ignore it.
4. KEEP GOING, THINGS WILL GET BETTER
It is easy to get demonitvated when you do not see results right away, it can feel like you aren’t making any — and like you’ll never reach your goals.
BUT THIS SHALL PASS! Remember that in the online and business world things change, constantly.
You will eventually see the growth, change, and success you’re looking for if you create value to people around you and they see you as a thought leader, a key networker, or a person who is genuinely interested to be worth every cent people pay them for..
I would love to know, what’s your why? When you’re clear about the REASON you’re working, you can enjoy the journey much more, and you’re also much more likely to be headed in the right direction. Send us the answers via our contact form! for a chance to win a free e-book on Personal Finance!